In just under a year’s time from the initial site release, the founders of GeoClique have managed to bring the first milestone release of their iOS native application to the Apple App Store. Starting today, March 15th, 2012, users of GeoClique will be able to download and use the application to connect to their online account and become more mobile with their use of the site.
Features included in this first release will be familiar to those who have been with us since day 1:
- User streams (select between all public posts, friend posts, mentions, and favorites)
- Comment stream (see all responses to your posts and those that you have subscribed to)
- Conversations (Participate in conversations that you’ve started online or have been subscribed to. Options to start new conversations and manage membership in the app is still in the works)
- Friends (List of all the people you follow and trust, and the ability to search for new users)
- Settings (Change your notification options from within the app. Profile details and password changes are still in the works)
Registration of new accounts has been disabled until the next API release is pushed to our production site. We plan to refresh the app with registration functionality shortly thereafter, so until then please invite your friends to sign up at http://www.geoclique.me.
Recall that GeoClique is not a funded website, all of the proceeds toward keeping the site alive come from the developers themselves, and from the loyal and appreciative users who generously contribute on a monthly basis out of the goodness of their hearts. A small $1.99 fee to purchase GeoClique for iOS will also help us to collect necessary funds to keep the site going, as will visits and purchases from our sponsors, banners for which can be seen on the website.